Set up a proxy server using Safari on Mac
- In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Safari > Preferences, then click Advanced.
- Click Change Settings (next to Proxies) to open the Network pane of System Preferences.
- Change the proxy settings using the information your network administrator provided.
- Click OK.
How to set up mail on MacBook Air?
Add an email account
- From the menu bar in Mail, choose Mail > Add Account.
- Select your email provider from the list, then click Continue.
- Some accounts, such as Google, might ask that you click Open Browser to complete authentication in your web browser.
How to set up Siri on MacBook Air?
Turn on Siri On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Siri . Select Enable Ask Siri if it's not already selected, then click Enable. If you try to activate Siri when the checkbox isn't selected, you're prompted to enable Siri. You must be connected to the internet to use Siri.
How to set up Chromecast on MacBook Air?
How to Chromecast from a Mac step by step
- Chromecast from Chrome browser on your Mac. Go to the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner of your Chrome browser and in the drop-down menu, click Cast.
- Chromecast from streaming services.
- Chromecast your Mac's desktop, audio, or video files from your Mac.
How to set up your macbook air?
Set up your MacBook Air
- Set your country or region: This sets the language and time zone for your Mac.
- Accessibility options: View accessibility options for Vision, Motor, Hearing, Cognitive abilities, or click Not Now.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network: Choose the network and enter a password, if necessary.
How to enable airplay on MacBook Air?
Turn on AirPlay Screen Mirroring on Your Mac
- Open System Preferences > Displays.
- From the AirPlay drop-down menu, select an available display.
- Alternatively, look for the AirPlay icon in the Apple menu bar.
- Control the mirroring or display options from the AirPlay icon in the menu bar.
How to set up Personal Hotspot on MacBook Air?
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth and make sure Bluetooth is on. Select the device providing Personal Hotspot, click Connect, then follow the onscreen instructions.
How to set up multiple users on MacBook Air?
Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups .
- Click the Add button below the list of users.
- Click the New Account pop-up menu, then choose a type of user.
- Enter a full name for the new user.
How to set up Outlook email on MacBook Air?
Add your Outlook.com or Microsoft 365 email account into Outlook for Mac.
- Open Outlook.
- Type in your email address and password.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Done.
How to set up family sharing on MacBook Air?
On your Mac
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Family Sharing.
- Confirm the Apple ID that you want to use for Family Sharing, and make sure that Share My Purchases is selected.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
How to set up Apple Pay on MacBook Air?
Set up Apple Pay on your Mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Wallet & Apple Pay . Open Wallet & Apple Pay preferences for me.
- Click Add Card. If you're not signed in with your Apple ID, you're asked to sign in.
- Enter your payment information.
How to set up Touch ID on MacBook Air?
Set up Touch ID
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Touch ID . Open Touch ID preferences for me.
- Click “Add Fingerprint,” enter your password, then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Click the checkboxes to select how you want to use Touch ID: