Choose Apple menu > Shut Down. After your Mac shuts down, press and hold its power button for 10 seconds. Release the power button, then wait a few seconds. Press the power button again to turn on your Mac.
How to reset a MacBook Pro Display?
Reset the resolution in safe mode
- Start up your Mac in safe mode.
- After your Mac starts up, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays , then click Display Settings.
- For the Resolution option, select “Default for display.”
- Restart your Mac normally.
How to reset password on MacBook Pro?
Change your password
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click Users & Groups.
- Select your user name from the list of users.
- Click the Change Password button, then follow the onscreen instructions.
How to reset the battery in a MacBook Pro?
Note: Learn about removing the battery on MacBook and MacBook Pro.
- Shut down the computer.
- Disconnect the MagSafe power adapter from the computer, if it's connected.
- Remove the battery.
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
- Release the power button.
- Reconnect the battery and MagSafe power adapter.
How to reset fan on macbook pro?
MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air
- Shut down your Mac.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, then release the button.
- Wait a few seconds and restart your Mac.
- If that doesn't help, shut down your Mac again.
- Press the right Shift, the left Option key, and the left Control key and hold for 7 seconds.
How to reset a locked macbook pro?
Apple silicon: Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window. Select the gear icon labeled Options, then click Continue. Intel processor: Turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold Command (⌘)-R until you see an Apple logo or other image.
How to reset display on macbook pro?
Reset the resolution in safe mode After your Mac starts up, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Displays , then click Display Settings. For the Resolution option, select “Default for display.” Restart your Mac normally.
How to reset macbook pro monterey?
Use macOS Monterey's Erase Assistant
- Open the System Preferences app on your Mac.
- Select System Preferences > Erase All Content and Settings on the menu bar.
- Type your administrator password and select OK.
- If you've set up Time Machine on your Mac, you'll be prompted to take a fresh backup.
How to reset wifi macbook pro?
How to Reset the Wi-Fi Connection
- Open up System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click on Network.
- Select Wi-Fi from the left-hand pane.
- Click the minus (-) icon below the list of connections.
- Click on Apply.
- Now, to add it back again, select the plus (+) icon.
- Select Wi-Fi and select Create.
How to reset airdrop on macbook pro?
Open a Finder window on your Mac. Select AirDrop from the Finder sidebar (if AirDrop isn't listed, use the keyboard combination Command-Shift-R to open it. Click the setting prefaced with Allow me to be discovered by: and select Everyone from the drop-down menu.
How to reset macbook pro battery?
Remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. Release the power button. Reconnect the battery and MagSafe power adapter.
Why is my MacBook Pro disk full?
What does “Your startup disk is almost full” mean? The warning message indicating that your startup disk is almost full appears when there is no longer enough free space on your disk. This is often due to having too many files occupying your Mac's hard drive, bringing free space to a dangerously low level.